7 Questions to ask when looking for a lawyer
When you are looking for an attorney, chances are you are under both time and emotional pressure. But the choice of an attorney to guide you through the often complicated legal system is an important one. The stakes are high and you want a lawyer who is both honest and zealous.
What should you look for when choosing an attorney? Here are some ideas:
- Did someone you trust recommend the attorney? What is their reputation?
- Do you “click” with him or her? Is there a personality connection?
- Did they put on the clock during your first meeting or did they take the time to hear your story first?
- Do they have flexible payment plans to work with your financial situation?
- Do you feel like they genuinely care about your case?
- Do they have experience in the area of law you need?
- Do they tell you what they can and can not do for you or do they promise you everything?